Kalen Delaney

Did You Know? I'm independent again

I thought I would be able to post this as a special Independence Day announcement, but it wasn't final until July 6th. Then I was teaching for 5 solid days the following week, so now on Monday I am making my announcement.

I am no longer working with Solid Quality Learning (or Solid Quality Mentors, as they have changed their name to be).

I am still offering the same SQL Server 2005 Internals course, that you can read about on my web site:

There will be an announcement about a new venture, which I'll post here as soon as it is appropriate.

My sig is an ambigram that my middle son made for my birthday. (He's the only one that does any computer related work, and is an avid QBasic game programmer. The other two just play games, etc.)

Published Monday, July 16, 2007 4:00 PM by Kalen Delaney

Comments

Denis Gobo said:

Kalen,

Good luck with your new 'job'

Any idea when the SQL Tuning book will be available?

Denis

July 16, 2007 6:26 PM

Kalen said:

Thanks Denis!

We are planning on the Tuning book being available by PASS.

~Kalen

July 16, 2007 6:47 PM

James Luetkehoelter said:

I always saw you as a bit of a non-comformist - Solid Quality Learning has gotten pretty large it seems to me. I'd be very interested in learning more of where you're headed (i.e., advice for me :) ).

Congrats and good luck!

July 16, 2007 10:16 PM

Hugo Kornelis said:

Hi Kalen,

A great loss for Solid Quality....

I'd love to congratulate you in person on taking this major step in your career, but I'm afraid that will have to wait until april next year :-((  So instead of a personal congratulation, I'll post my sincere good-luck wishes here.

I hope that everything goes as good as you hope for, or even better! Good luck with your independent career.

July 17, 2007 3:03 AM

Chuck Boyce said:

Best to you, Kalen.

Chuck

July 17, 2007 8:04 AM

David Wei said:

Hi Kalen,

Your first book (storage engine) is the Bible to me. It opens a window for people who want to peek the inside world of SQL server. I think it worth to read at least 3 times.

(one for just knowing what are you talking about, one for practicing, and one for  understanding). I start introducing your book in local community (Vancouver BC)

I am so eager for your 2nd book (tuning and optimization) .

Wish you luck and success with your new career.

David.

July 17, 2007 4:51 PM

Kalen Delaney said:

Thanks for your good wishes, James, Hugo, Chuck and David.

David, I LOVE Vancouver! My daughter and her husband are trying to emigrate there. They are currently living in Edinburgh, and he is an EU citizen (German). If they do end up there, I'll be there a lot more often (I'm in the Seattle area).  I'd be delighted to come speak at your user group in that case.

July 17, 2007 5:13 PM

ssqa.net said:

Good luck Kalen, I hope to see more useful content from you as usual...as we can see it already.

July 20, 2007 11:02 AM