Denis Gobo

SQL Sentences

Why not store all of the SQL queries in the database?

Published Monday, February 25, 2008 12:15 PM by Denis Gobo
Filed under:

Comments

Jason said:

I hear this works best if you store all of the sentences comma separated in a single row\column with a varbinary(max) data type.

February 25, 2008 12:18 PM

andyleonard said:

I don't know Jason... how about storing them all in a single row - in one xml column in the sql_sentences table?

:{> Andy

February 26, 2008 10:55 AM

Denis Gobo said:

>>in one xml column in the sql_sentences table?

XML is sooooooo slow, I would put them in one nice NTEXT column  :-6

This way I can for security reason prohibit the substring functions etc

February 26, 2008 11:21 AM

andyleonard said:

>> This way I can for security reason prohibit the substring functions etc

Maybe encrypting or hashing the column as well... who wants all those sql_sentences floating around in the open?

:{> Andy

February 26, 2008 3:28 PM

Peter W. DeBetta said:

Is there a SQL Sentence to retrieve a SQL Sentence? (Or did I just blow your mind?)

February 26, 2008 5:21 PM