Argenis Fernandez

T-SQL Tuesday #36 (#tsql2sday)– Post-PASS Summit Depression

I had an email thread going with a prominent member of the SQL Server community today, where he confessed that he didn’t attend any sessions during the PASS Summit last week. He spent all of this time networking and catching up with people.

I, personally, can relate.

This year’s Summit was another incarnation of that ritual of SQL Server professionals meeting to share their knowledge, experience, and just have a wonderful time while doing so.

It’s been a few days after the Summit is over, and I’m definitely dealing with withdrawal.

My name is Argenis, and I’m a #SQLFamilyHolic.

(This post is part of the T-SQL Tuesday series, a monthly series of blog posts from members of the SQL Server community – this month, Chris Yates is hosting)

Published Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:40 PM by Argenis

Comments

Tim Radney said:

I only attended two sessions, the rest of my time was networking and spending time with SQLFamily. I too as a #SQLFamilyHolic.

November 13, 2012 9:53 PM

Adam Machanic said:

There are a few speakers I really enjoy watching live (e.g. Bob Ward), but for the most part I'd rather just watch the talks on the DVDs and use the time to do what I can't do at home: hang out and chat with all of the people I only get to see once a year. Absolutely no shame in not attending any sessions; that's not the only thing the conference is about.

November 13, 2012 10:16 PM

Dale said:

I was loving the sessions, but the people really are the reason to go.  Although I apparently ran off Argenis a couple times. :)

My name is Dale and I'm a #sqlfamilyholic.

November 14, 2012 12:02 AM

Steven Ormrod said:

I did a mix of sessions and netowrking. Depended on the day and the sessions. Wednesday was a bit of a bust for me. Several of the sessions I wanted to attend were filled to capacity and in a smaller room, while the large room, 6E, was empty. Oh well...

November 14, 2012 11:56 AM

@kootenaydba said:

I am a #sqlfamilyholic and the withdrawal is killing me!  I think I need a SQLSaturday to hold me over till Charlotte.

November 17, 2012 4:17 PM

Amit Banerjee said:

Networking is one of the key aspects of the Summit. I can totally relate to that!

November 23, 2012 4:05 AM

Mickey Stuewe (@SQLMickey) said:

It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one suffering.

My name is Mickey and I'm a fledgling #sqlfamilyholic.

November 28, 2012 11:01 PM