Allen White

PowerShell Precon session at SQL Connections

Yesterday I had the privilege of presenting the full day training session SPR304-Automate and Manage SQL Server with PowerShell at the SQL Connections conference in Las Vegas.  The session went very well (at least from my perspective) and I think the attendees enjoyed it as well.

Just the day before the session I got excited about some features of PowerShell I hadn't played with much and decided to add a discussion of them to the presentation, so the material the conference gave them doesn't include that material.  (I also had a minor amount of demo-fail, so I've corrected those scripts as well.)

I've attached the presentation deck and all the demo scripts to this post, but please, don't ask me for the password. If you were in the room yesterday you know what it is, and as the beer commercial says, "this one's for you."

Thanks for attending!

Allen

Published Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:50 PM by AllenMWhite

Attachment(s): SPR304-Automate and Manage SQL Server with PowerShell.zip

Comments

Shu Liang said:

Unfortunately, I was not able to attend your session yesterday (3/27/2012). I was in your session today - Maintain SQL Server System and Performance data with Powershell, and like it.  I following the direction to this site, and downloaded the SPR304 zip file, but could not unzip it without password. Can you help?  Thanks, Shu (sliang@austincc.edu)

March 28, 2012 5:08 PM

Mike said:

The pdf is password protected.Paying customers only?

Thanks, Mike (msdaug@yahoo.com)

March 29, 2012 8:50 AM

AllenMWhite said:

As I mentioned in my post, this was for the paid full day precon attendees only. Thanks for understanding.

March 29, 2012 11:44 AM

Ricardo Fonseca said:

Hi Allen,

I have assisted at the pre-workshop , let me tell you that I appreciated very much and that this stuff will, if my company will give me some time to implement, be in place in a very short period of time.

I use to do some consulting where I basically do perfmon analysis on major counters and store one file per day for a full week . Once done, I use to put the files inside a centralized server and detect issues. This was taking very much of my time and wasn't a nice and easy process with those scripts it s going to be much more fun !

This was very interesting.

Ricardo Fonseca

March 30, 2012 11:04 AM

Ricardo Fonseca said:

Hi Allen,

This was very interesting.

Ricardo Fonseca

(dbskills@gmail.com)

March 30, 2012 11:06 AM

Steve Petersen said:

Allen,

Your PreCon session was absolutely amazing. My only problem was I wish it was a Post Con session, seeing that for the rest of the week I was fixated on how I was going to implement everything that was discussed into my servers and not listening to the other classes.

Thanks again for sharing your insight.

-Steve Petersen