Allen White

PASS Summit 2010 - SQL Server and PowerShell

Next week is the eagerly anticipated PASS Summit 2010. I've attended every year since 2003, but this one is special, because I'm presenting both a Pre-Conference session and a Spotlight session! In addition to these, I'll be a contestant in Monday evening's SQL Quiz Bowl, and on Wednesday afternoon, one of the Lightning sessions.

Monday's PreCon is titled Use PowerShell to Get the Most out of SQL Server and we'll start with the basics of PowerShell and work our way through the various ways you can use PowerShell to automate and manage SQL Server.

On Wednesday morning I'll present my Spotlight session, Automate SQL Server Administration with PowerShell. In this session we'll quickly move through a set of scripts that you can use to automate your SQL Server activities.

The best thing about the PASS Summit is connecting with all the amazing people in our SQL Server community. We spend all year chatting with each other via Twitter or email, sharing ideas and solutions, but next week we can talk face-to-face, and there's just nothing better than that.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Allen

Published Saturday, November 06, 2010 7:10 PM by AllenMWhite

Comments

John Sterrett said:

Hi Allen,

I am glad I had the chance to meet you at SQL Saturday in Wheeling. I hope we cross paths next week.

John Sterrett

November 6, 2010 6:35 PM

Nick said:

Hello Allen,

Where can download the scripts zip?

Thanks

November 10, 2010 1:16 AM

Paul W said:

Same question as Nick.  I don't see the scripts on the PASS web site or here for the class I was at (Automate SQL Server Administration with PowerShell).

Thanks!

November 18, 2010 3:26 PM

AllenMWhite said:

Nick and Paul, if you go to this site: http://sqlpass.eventpoint.com/ScheduleBuilder and log in, you can search for the session, and the scripts are in the DBA387S.zip file that you can download from that site.

November 18, 2010 3:41 PM

Paul W said:

How did I miss that?  I'm getting old.  Thanks!

November 18, 2010 4:18 PM

About AllenMWhite

Allen White is a consultant and mentor for Upsearch Technology Services in Northeast Ohio. He has worked as a Database Administrator, Architect and Developer for over 30 years, supporting both the Sybase and Microsoft SQL Server platforms over that period.