Adam Machanic

24 Hours of PASS: 15 Powerful Dynamic Management Objects - Deck and Demos

Thank you to everyone who attended today's 24 Hours of PASS webcast on Dynamic Management Objects! I was shocked, awed, and somewhat scared when I saw the attendee number peak at over 800. I really appreciate your taking time out of your day to listen to me talk.

It's always interesting presenting to people I can't see or hear, so I relied on Twitter for a form of nearly real-time feedback. I would like to especially thank everyone who left me tweets both during and after the presentation. Your feedback is extremely helpful.

Per the request of a few people, the deck and demos are attached. Note that these demos cover slightly more depth than what I did in the talk, since I only had 40 minutes and decided to go demoless (which I prefer in webcasts). This talk is also available in a live format, with full demos, for user groups and conferences; if you arrange either and are interested, contact me through the blog and we can discuss.

Again, thank you so much for your time. Feel free to leave a comment here if you have any followup questions on the material, and I'll do my best to answer.

Published Wednesday, May 19, 2010 3:57 PM by Adam Machanic

Attachment(s): Machanic_24HOP_201005_DMOs.zip

Comments

hj said:

Hi Adam,

Could you please tell me the if the presentation was recorded and where can I find it?

Thanks,

HJ

May 19, 2010 3:29 PM

Adam Machanic said:

Yes, the session was recorded. It will be available "within two months", according to the Web site:

May 19, 2010 3:31 PM

Glenn Berry said:

Great job today, Adam.

May 19, 2010 3:41 PM

Adam Machanic said:

Thanks, Glenn!

May 19, 2010 3:48 PM

James Luetkehoelter said:

Dang, sorry I missed it - great slide deck! (and great information as well!)

I especially like the slide on TempDB (with the temporary tatoos picture :) ).

May 19, 2010 4:43 PM

KKline said:

Just a footnote, but Live Meeting links usually stay up for quite a while after the event has concluded.  You can go back and review the slides after the fact.

-Kev

May 19, 2010 5:18 PM

Nigel Peter Sammy said:

Great presentation Adam. The information was valuable and probably saved many DBAs jobs. The Lord of the rings slides at the beginning was pretty cool and I would like to use something like that in one of my presentation, with your permission of course :)

Nigel

May 19, 2010 10:50 PM

Adam Machanic said:

James, glad you liked it :-)

Kevin, thanks for the tip!

Nigel, thank you for the kind words. I can't give permission since I don't own those images and technically I'm probably violating copyright by using them myself. So go crazy, or not, depending on your tolerance for such things.

May 19, 2010 11:15 PM

Prabhakaran said:

It was awesome presentation. It will be so good if you get more time in detail.

May 19, 2010 11:36 PM

Adam Machanic said:

Prabhakaran, thanks for the kind words. I hope to publish and/or present more on this topic as time goes on.

May 21, 2010 9:29 AM