Adam Machanic

New version of SQLQueryStress released

Eight months ago I announced the release of the first beta version of SQLQueryStress.

I had big plans: Collect a bunch of feedback, quickly fix any bugs that came in, and release a final version. Time frame of two weeks, tops.

As is often the case, life interrupted my progress. And so and here I am eight months later releasing not the final version, but rather a second beta. Truth be told, feedback was a lot sparser than I'd hoped, and the bugs ended up being a lot harder to track down and fix.  Not that it took me eight months to fix them; I've been working through them on and off only for the last week, and I believe I've tackled most of the major issues that people did bother to report to me.  You can find a list of the fixes/enhancements on the download page.

So if you're interested in checking out this new version, grab it here. Please let me know if you see bugs or anything you like, dislike, etc. I have written this program for the community at large, so please feel free to help guide its future development!

Published Thursday, June 28, 2007 2:21 AM by Adam Machanic

Comments

Eddie said:

Adam,

Are you ever planning on releasing the source for this app?

June 28, 2007 7:43 PM

Adam Machanic said:

Hi Eddie,

Still weighing my options on that, but probably not; I have some ideas for extending the core engine I've created and branching the free version into a more advanced (but not free) version.  I'll still maintain a free version either way, though.

June 28, 2007 8:15 PM

ORJ said:

Excellent tool, I use it extensively. Did you consider adding a "pause / resume" button? Also, when running tests with multiple threads (>=50) for a long time, pressing "cancel" indeed stops additional hits, but the process (and timer) keeps running, requiring a taskkill.

March 16, 2009 4:11 PM

Piotr Rodak said:

We have a process that manages sliding window over a number of tables in our reporting database. This

January 4, 2010 5:57 PM

Callon said:

Great tool.

Is there any active development on this tool? Any thoughts to open source it perhaps or pass it on to someone else who can continue it's development?

I'd be interested.

Contact me at callon dot campbell at reflectsoftware dot com

February 13, 2013 4:23 PM

Paul Kubb said:

this is a great tool for me. it saves my life suffering a bunch of deadlocks in a production server. this tool allows me to simulate hundred of sessions (threads) for a suspected code and watch it dead via sql profiler. thank you for the author this saves my time not to develop it myself. thank you!

February 18, 2013 6:00 AM